Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bassin' Buckeye
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm wanting to get a list of places around SE Ohio (preferably within 40 miles of New Concord/Cambridge) of smaller water that would be good for a 14' jon boat with only a trolling motor. I am probably not going to take it to Seneca, but Salt Fork is a VERY small possibility at some remote ramp back in a "non-recreational" boating portion of the lake.

Took it to Blue Rock last weekend for the first "voyage" and it was great. That's a 15 acre lake. I'm looking for something else in the area that is small to mid-range that doesn't have a ton of recreation boaters kickin up a bunch of waves.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Registered
157 Posts
wolf run down by belle valley. i know this is prob more than 40 miles, but harguss lake in circleville is electric only and is a pretty good lake.

·
Bassin' Buckeye
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dougers,
Thanks for the reply. I totally forgot about Wolf Run.... that would probably be a good place to try a few times this summer. Hargus Lake I'll definitely try out too. I've heard some great things about that place. Might even make a little weekend out of it if there is camping somewhere close.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know this might be out of your range but the Little Muskingum by Marietta is nice for a jon boat. A lot of Wayne National Forrest with camping spots Too. The creek has long pool spots for miles. Big Musky creek. Plus a lot of other fish to be caught. We take a jon boat every year and gig frogs. There is a few spots that you have to get out and drag your boat, but not many.

Wayne National Forrest, in Washington county, has a web site with all the info. you need.

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts