Small Lake camping and fishing

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by hdlaxer25, May 11, 2008.

1. Im looking for a 200 or so acre lake that i could go canoein with a few guys and have luck fishing it. i was looking at stonelick lake but if you guys know of better lakes let me know. thanks!

2. its a little bigger but try kiser lake,no moters of any kind.it also doesnt muddy up as bad as other lakes.there is stripers,hybrids,bass an panfish

3. Not sure where you live, but the AEP recreation lands would be a nice place to camp and canoe.

4. I was at kisser 3 weeks ago - we liked it a lot! No flush toilets there. clear water, not too busy, nice place.

5. im willing to go anywhere where i can camp and canoe. i dont want to get run over by the bass boats lol

6. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

hdlaxer, what area of ohio are you willing to hit? What species will you be fishing for?

7. I think Hargus is nice for fishing and camping but it is probably too small for you to consider. The campground is well shaded and I've met some nice folks there. I always see a bass boat or two but not overrunning the place. The concession area is one of the better ones I've come across. Regardless, check it out.