Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 02 update:
Joe & I got our lines in the river just above the Covington Landing at 08:18. No bites in a half hour so headed down river. Anchored boat next to the Water Front at 08:52 had the same results no bites. Took the boat over to the Ohio pier of the bridge Joe did get a bite on Smokey but that was it. We then headed up river to Hooters, our favorite spot.
Put our lines in at Hooters at 10:40; caught a small channel cat at 10:44! It was a baby 14 inches only 8 ounces. He hit the chicken nugget. The Joe caught a small flat head on his smokey. This fish was 13 inches and only 6 ounces. We had taps on the smokey and chicken nugget but they cleaned off the bait. 11:35 I finally hooked one a better size channel cat on the chicken nugget. This one was 20 inches and 2 pounds 10 ounces. The river is in great shape, clear with a little current, I thought they would hammer the cut bait. I had 1 fresh shad and thawed out shad as cut bait; however never got even a tap on it all morning.
We got back to the ramp at 12:10; another nice day to be out fishing. The fish were on the small size but it beats being skunked.
:G

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Thanks for the report,a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work ;)If u r out 2maro and u see me stop by and say Hey,I will do the same ;)I am n a camo alumacraft :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts