close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

small engine question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JV1, Sep 30, 2004.

1. JV1

JV1

I have a poulan power blower(near brand new) , it was ran without oil and it seized, you couldnt pull the rope to start it... i took the blower apart, took the plug out, squirted some WD-40 on the piston, I moved the crank and it slowly free'd up, I put the power blower back together, filled it up with gas, tryed to start it .... no luck...it used to start in 1 pull... I must have pulled it 50 times full choke, no choke, full throttle , half throttle.... no luck...... anybody know what the problem could be?

2. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Check for a good spark
    Also pull plug and check for compression. On small engines good compresion is important.
    Bob

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

JV, check your compression. You may have seized the rings or burnt them. Are you getting spark? are you getting fuel? if you get both these it should start. Try putting a little gas/oil mix in the plug area and then pull it. If it starts doing that your not getting fuel if it doesn't it my be fubar'ed(--cked up beyond any repair). Lets hope for the best. Also you could have scored the block itself and if that happend it time to check out a new one. Sorry for the bad news but that does happen when you forget the fuel. I bet you'll never do that again though. I know I had to buy a new weed wacker one time :D

4. JV1

JV1

so tommorow i will check the spark, then check the fuel flow, then cry? i got it.... thanks dale and cbub

5. JV1

JV1

I dont suppose a worst case scenario is worth repairing?? can it be done?? the blower is basically brand new

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'd say your compression is shot. By the time you pay a engine shop to rework the block and buy any parts needed even if you do the rest of the work yourself it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one.

7. I say strap a couple sticks of dynomite to it, light and run like HE!!

if you do my choice please take pictures before, during, and after or better yet a video :D

8. JV1

JV1

Dymanite? MMMMM ok ... but first I would like to fix this sucker.... I now have the piston and cylinder removed, the piston is deystroyed beyond repair, the cylinder does not look to bad, but what do I know... inside it is lightly scratched ... anyway... does anybody know where I can buy small gas motor parts like this? cheap! ? im not sure on the size its a poulan wt200 blower and the parts look like this > [​IMG]