Have a buddy who lost most of the catfish in his pond a few yeas ago when he depleated the oxygen by killing off an alge bloom. He got a pump & aeriated the water, but by the time he realized what was happening most of the larger fish (bass & catfish) were gone. There are small bass in the pond now, but the bluegills are overpopulating. Our local lake has a good population of channel cats, and the hole below the spillway (an old stone quarry pit) actually has good spawning cover & conditions for them, so there are plenty of small channels. I decided I should entertain my son by getting him involved in catching some and transporting them to my buddy's pond. The rule for the pond has always been catch & release only, but I suggested we stock heavily, then set a size limit for keeping channels and take out some of the larger, while replacing them with small ones in future years. He went along with the idea, so we started the catch & transport effort a couple weeks ago. We've had a lot of fun, but I think last night's transplant should be the last for this year. The pond is only about 1/3 acre and I wasn't sure how many it could support, but my son (8 years old) decided 50 would be a good number. We hit the magic number last night! Most of them have been under 1#, but we did put 5 to 10 in the 1-2# range, and a few over 2#. (Plus one 4# flathead I caught.) Hopefully we will have fishing fun in the pond for future years!