Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fortunate enough to make the run to the bouy today. Started a little east of the bouy
and had 3 tickets plus by 10. A few trash fish but not many. Dipseys 3 seting back
85, 3oz 80 back, 40 tru trips back 80. Anything pink with a worm. I will say this thou.
Ran a dipsey 3 setting with a orange and chartreuse shallow thunderstick and pulled
4 hogs.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Night Owl
421 Posts
I think we turned by you around 11AM, same area same program worked for us two. Back to back doubles at times sure was an added bonus. That's fast and furious.:T:T:T:

·
Amphibious Mobile
136 Posts
Good Day For Us Also Out There,Went 19 For 23, 3oz 87 to 91, 40 Jets 90-100,Zero Dipsey 61 Back, All On Purple And Pink Double Willows, Colorados, And A Few On A Pink RR, Found Out They Liked Em Fast 2.5 To 2.8, Kept The Buoy A Half Mile From Us And Just Did Circles Around It Finished Up By 1.

·
Registered
108 Posts
And I ain't just talkin about the weather. We got a late start as well and were out there about noon and started about a mile southeast of the buoy. Caught some real hog sheep and then about a quarter mile south of the marker we had game on. The two guys with me couldn't stop to get a drink of water or eat and we couldn't get six lines in the water. Finished with 18 and lost five at the back or coming in. Kevorkian stingers killed most. I had 40 jets back 140 and 150. Dipsies on 0 setting @ 43 and 3 setting @ 53. Purple harnesses or stingers did the job. I heard some guys saying they weren't catching anything going with the waves, but we caught them going all directions. Speed was between 1.5-2.4 depending on which direction we went. Somebody called me and said he was going counter-clockwise around the buoy and had limited out. We began the same pattern and like I said we couldn't keep the lines in the water. Had three on three different times and twice netted 2 fish at once. What a great day and back at the dock by 5:30. I tried hailing Wiseguy and Charlie D on 79, but got no comeback. Piles of fish out there! Good Luck and Be Safe.

RS:):)

P.S. Just saw your post Big Dev. You may have been the one telling me to circle the buoy. Thanks for the tip as I am sure it put at least on ticket in my boat.

·
Amphibious Mobile
136 Posts
Yep That Was Me, Glad It Helped, It Was Crazy At Times Couldnt Keep All The Rods Out Goin Around The Buoy, No Eating, Drinking Smoking, Ect., Just Lotsa Reelin And Hollerin Get That Rod!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Fished NE of bouy Saturday and Sunday,was rough Sat. so hard to run a good program but still got some fish. Sunday was perfect,ran RR's 120 back no lead,3oz. 70 back and 2oz. 90 back at 2.2 to 2.4mph. Fish were a mixed bag from 18 to 29in. with a few throwbacks as well and a couple sheepzillas. Pink panties was the best but wonderbread and purple colors were good also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.