Smack Tackle at the Boat Show

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassnick513, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just received some information stating that Smack Tackle will be at the boat show this year. So for all you guys seeking those deadly crank baits, come on down and purchase you some of the most realistic looking crank baits on the market!

2. imalt

imalt Banned

thats reason enough to go for me i wonder if they will have better deals than the website

3. smack tackle is just a bonus, coming down to see bassnick show and dave show. be cool if a bounch of OGF,ER could go at the same time.

4. The smack lures I purchased this year broke pretty easy for a $12 lure..I would'nt buy them again at any price..FYI its a Cheap over priced product..get smacked by smack

5. tells us how you really feel smokey

6. Care to tell us how they broke??

7. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

I never had a problem with mine and I've given them some serious beatings. Cheap over priced product? The amount of fish, size, and species I've caught on them, I'd pay double.
    Like Daveo76, I am also curious how yours broke.... do you use dynamite on a trailer hook or something? :)

8. Well, I've fished with the Smack Tackle Gizz4 for years now, with the prototypes before I really even knew the mfg.'rs, Todd and Scott. I've caught a lot more fish, more species than I can think of (LM Bass, SM Bass, White Bass, Striped Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Flathead Cat, Blue Cat, Channel Cat, Sauger, Skipjack, Drum, to name a few)
    The only way, and I emphasize, the ONLY WAY I ever broke one was casting against rocks in the dark, which would do damage to any lure in some way. And they didn't break everytime I cast against the rocks, but in isolated instances.
    I'd suggest you actually catch some fish with them before you write them off as CHEAP, I would only guess that if you bought a $100,000 BMW or Mercedes or whatever, and threw it into a corner and slid off the road, it would "break". Ya think?
    How about that Ranger Bass Boat, with the expensive Merc on back, doing 70MPH, ya think it would "BREAK" if you hit a rock with it, duh?
    But I don't have to guess, that the $100,000 BMW or Mercedes, or Ranger Bass Boat does what it is mfg'd to do VERY WELL, for the money. As usual, just my opinion.
    LMJ

9. DAMN, I never thought o' that!!!
    You bring the explosives and I'll bring the beer, Jay.:p

10. Hey now LMJ, I do remember me sliding into a rock wall! LOL.
    Man that was scary. But I haven't had a problem with any of mine except for some paint chips from the fish slammin' the baits.

11. Well, I've been to the "Smacktory" and I know that they check EVERY lure before it gets packaged. They have to because there aren't that many people working there. I know that they use the highest quality ingredients because I've seen them in action and watched the entire process. The only problem I've had with them is Hybrids fighting over them and deciding to keep them. So Smokeyjoe, I suggest you get in touch with them. I'm sure they would want to know about your problems.

12. Yeah, the Rock wall BROKE your slide pretty well, didn't it Nick! LOL!
    Glad you came out of it ok.
    The Gizz4 isn't any more bullet proof than a bullet proof vest, if you use it properly it'll give you excellent results, abuse it and it'll break like just about anything else! ;)
    LMJ

13. Yes I've had lures fail me over the years. I had a well known striper lure brake in half while casting at night once. These things don't bother me but if it did I would have contacted the company. If you contact Smack Tackle, the broken lure would be of great interest to them and they would replace it.

14. Funny you should mention that, Scott, Most companies do have "customer service" departments, in order to address these issues, why, I bet Smack Tackle has some of the nicest Customer Service reps in the lure business! ;)
    By contacting the Co. first, letting them know your concern, and even giving the company the chance to REPLACE the faulty lure if it was indeed faulty, wouldn't you give the company that chance before you get in front of hundreds of thousands of people on the internet and declare their products cheap and put them down? Wouldn't you?
    I know for a fact these Gizz4 and Gizz3 lures are made by hand (what hasn't had to be molded, etc.), hand painted, carefully inspected, and are made right here in the USA. They are NOT mass-produced by the ten's of thousands in order to make them "cheaper".
    Give them a chance to do you right with that broken lure before you badmouth them in front of so many internet viewers.
    LMJ

15. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Jay,
    I have not used the dynamite technique. I guess this would not be considered finesse fishing?:)

16. TeamPlaker

Dynamite works best with rigged with a long wick and some form of live bait attached. I like to rig it carolina style with a heavy sinker, because distance is key. You can also paint the dynamite to look like a Shad. Light the wick, cast it out, when the fish come over to inspect the bait, BLAM! Gotcha. Catch and release is a problem though... guess it's possible, just bring water-proof super glue and a first aid kit. I better stop, don't want to let out all my fishing secrets.
    Jim's buying the beer and all I gotta do is bring the dynamite? I'll have to pick some up and start driving north on 75.

17. TeamPlaker

I went and let humor get the best of me and forgot my case and point, if you're going to question a lure's toughness.... it's time you met "the vet".
    Quick story: Went fishing 2 weeks ago, December 14th to be exact. My buddy caught (and landed) a snag. Attached to said snag was a Gizz4 that I lost..... in August! It was covered in nastiness, if not for that, I could've tied it on right there and used it. The hooks, split rings, everything was still in perfect working condition, I took them off though since I have spare split rings and hooks less than 5 feet away from me on my workbench. This lure was cleaned up and has been dubbed "the vet" and is ready for his 2nd tour of duty, before he was an underwater POW, he did manage to bag a 36.5 inch muskie. I'm attaching the before and after pics.... how many "cheap" lures can spend 4-5 months underwater and come out requiring only a cleaning???

Attached Files:

18. daveo gave me one up at greenup, now i have tossed all my other fishing tackle. thnks dave

19. Now that's a good review:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.