Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for some input on slugs for a Model 37 Ithica Featherlight shotgun. I purchased it used for a very good price and it came with the short Deerslayer slug barrel. Was wondering if anyone had used these guns and what they felt was the better slug to shoot out of them. I've used Remingtons, Federals, and Winchesters and they are all nice but was looking for something that would go just a tad further. Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Was looking for some input on slugs for a Model 37 Ithica Featherlight shotgun. I purchased it used for a very good price and it came with the short Deerslayer slug barrel. Was wondering if anyone had used these guns and what they felt was the better slug to shoot out of them. I've used Remingtons, Federals, and Winchesters and they are all nice but was looking for something that would go just a tad further. Thanks, Mike.
is it a rifled barrel or smooth bore

·
BigV
1,135 Posts
The slug brands you listed are all very good slugs. The “best” would be the ones that shoot the best out of your deer slayer barrel. As far as finding something that will go just a tad further I don't think there is such a slug. The only way to increase your effective kill range would be to change barrels to a fully rifled barrel and use Sabots instead of standard slugs.

·
Whaler
3,206 Posts
I have an Ithaca Deerslayer and use Remingtons. It shoots great and is very accurate with these slugs. Like a previous note says try, different slugs until you find the ones that shoot best from your gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts