Slow long day 1 fish....but he was nice(pics)

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by zachtrouter, Nov 29, 2008.

1. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

Caught this badboy this am. Beautifully colored and nice kype on em. Fish was a hair shy of 30" with a jig hook already buried into the roof of his mouth. My hook and the other hook were removed and hes back swimming around hook free.[​IMG]

2. Nice brute man, must have been a good fight. Good job on the catch and release. FFBG

3. Nice feesh, but please tell me you did not give him-a full mud bath?..lol... nice fish man!

4. BuzzBob

BuzzBob Take a Dad fishing

Wow! Nice fish!:)

5. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

he got away from some other guy only to get caught again by you haha. nice fish!!! my steelies always try to take a mud bath even tho I try to keep um away from it. somehow they seem to find it.

6. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

Yeah that pic was right after I had him on the ground trying to remove that jig hook. It was a big jig really lodged into the roof of his mouth. I was hoping to get a female as some of the salmon eggs I cured got mold of them somehow. It was a great fight!!!!! I caught it while I was on a little 8'-9' ledge and when I saw his size I jumped off the ledge and slid down it into about 2ft of water. Probaly not the smartest idea because it was the first time I fished this area but I had to get him beached!!!

7. That's a brute! Congrats!

8. Just a lil photo help, next time reverse your rear hand thats on his tail. This will allow for a better pic not that it is not a good pic, but that will be the difference between a great pic and an awesome pic!

9. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

That hand has 8 stitches in the palm. Im lucky i can hold it at all.:p ;) Nothing a little steelie slime wont cure! Hopefully I will be wading the chagrin in the am.