close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

slow day at kiser lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by iam20fan, Jul 30, 2007.

1. spent six hours at kiser today and only caught 2 smallmouths.fished the marina,spillway, and the campground.anyone know what they are doing at the campground there? doing some kind of construction

2. Are you sure you caught 2 smallmouth? Ive been fishing kiser for about 15 years and never caught or even heard of anyone catching smallies

3. I have to agree,have never to this day seen or heard of a smallie in kiser.the lake is too shallow and too warm to host them,although it is possible someone threw them in there.more than likely you have mistaken what you have caught.I have fished kiser for 30 years-it is a nice little lake.

4. chrisoneal

chrisoneal Catching Them Hog Cat's

i fished there also today 8-11 and caught 5 crappie and 10 bullheads. Great catfish bait.LOL

5. yea i hate bullheads and where the crappie good sizes

6. hey iam20fan i think they r puting some more electric camp sits in

7. Wiper Swiper

Wiper Swiper Banned

A couple years ago I caught a 12" smallie at the West end and I saw a 2 1/2 pound smallie weighed-in at the Spring tourney maybe 10 years ago.

Yes, someone has "stocked" them. Same with the perch. The State has no idea how they became established except that someone must have dumped them on their way back from Erie several years ago. Same for the big flathead that was caught a year or two ago...pay lake fish is the guess.

8. I don't know. I find it hard to believe. Maybe, it was just a sickly Largemouth, with a cleft lip. The water gets WAY to warm. If you caught the smallmouth in the colder months, than I guess its possible for someone to have caught a smallie in like march or april, but as soon as summer hit, it would die. Kiser is too shallow, and warm for smallies. And, with the perch situation, I haven't caught a perch up at kiser in about 3 years. They seem to be thinning out.

9. la2ohio

la2ohio L.A.2Ohio

smallies can survive the heat...out west they survive the hot summers of Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and California to name a few areas. In fact, Erie would be a theory that has yet to be tested....but Erie isn't the deepest of lakes and it seems that the smallies there survive just as well and they grow too...so it isn't unheard of to catch a few in a shallow lake like Kiser and if they make it to spawn, then there are probably some still growing in there. Everything in Ohio is a mystery, before you know it someone will say heat wave then turn around and pull a snow shovel out in the same day...LOL, but thats what we get for being out here. Good luck on the bass fishing and next time post a pic that will solve everyone's pondering.;)

10. chrisoneal

chrisoneal Catching Them Hog Cat's

the biggest was 11 inches and the rest were 5-6 inches/