close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Slow day at East Fork

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Fished near the swimming area at East fork for a few hours today and didn't catch much. We managed two very small hybrid striped bass and then my buddy got broke off on sweet corn. We moved down to the spillway and fished for a few more hours but it was slow there as well. He snagged some type of fish, I think a Big Mouth Buffolo, but I wasn't able to identify it. Which is really strange, cause generally I know just about any fish :p There seemed to be a lot of them schooled up, almost like they we're spawning. He was probably about 5 or 6 lbs. I didn't get a picture of him, so the only way I'll be able to find out for sure is through google. The best I can tell is that my suspicions were correct but I havn't been able to find a very good picture yet.

All in all it was slow, saw some people catching some smaller crappie at the spillway, but other than that not much happening over there.

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey fishman- Yes , that was probably a big mouthed buffalo. That place is loaded with them. I had a 30 pound plus -one on last year :eek: CATKING.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Dang that would be awsome to catch one that big, we'll have to get together sometime and do some fishing!

4. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Went out tonight from 7 till 11:30.Wife caught one carp.Didn't get any other bites.We were useing crawlers and dough ball.