Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drifted East of Kelleys Saturday...marked fish not much hittin' --2 decent over 4 lbs and 23 inch ..couple big catfish and some junk.. mostly Kelleys Island shoal and Gull Island shoal:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dad and I fished around Kelly's Friday and Saturday also...Same result. Friday we fished W. of Kellys then N. of Kellys then E. of Kelleys Island caught two channel cats around 22-26in on harnesses and the other assorted junk.

Early Saturday morning we made the 13mi run in calm water out of mazurics to N.E. of Kellys Island Shoal to 50'water in my Tracker Pro-Guide V 16 on a tip from a guy from Ill. staying at our motel. Marked plenty of fish 29-48' deep. Caught some large sheeps and one 10" Yellow Perch. Dad counted 147 boats in sight at 10:30am. Could hardly drift or troll for all the boat traffic. Left at 11:30 due to building wind and waves, nice cool weather though. Got the perch platter at Jolly Rodgers in P.C. great! Dad said next trip forget fishin' and go to Jolly Rodgers. Ha.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
dont' feel bad. bugs were horrible east of kelly's shoal. pulled 2 fish then headed west to gull as well. only got 3 more with spoons before calling it a day. will these bugs be here al summer? worst i've ever seen 'em.

4,760 Posts
Its slow everywhere on the west end

We fished kellys and PIB areas the last two days,

Kelleys today was SLOW for everyone
It was so bad we took aa 13 mile run from the dock to the border which only produced one fish...
The SE corner pack wasn't doing anything either, only good thing about today was bringing in a 6-7lber...

Caught fish on everything, BB's, Spoons/Jets, Inlines

The PIB/Rattlesnake Greene area SUCKED

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ya it sucked today. 6 hours of pulling spoons got us 2 walleyes. Made the mistake of waring a light colored pair of shorts.

·
Registered
553 Posts
We fished Saturday off the SE corner of Kelley's from 9-Noon and produced 4 eyes, 15 sheep and one white bass. All on spoons (monkey puke and 57 chevy) on 10 jets 50 back off the boards, fish were up high early in 32 FOW. Got one big one at 7.25 lbs.:T Went back on Sunday to the same area and got a big goose egg and plenty of bugs. Took me 2 hours to clean the boat. Here is a few pics from Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
We fished east of Kelley's both Friday night and Sunday morning. Picked up 10 eyes Friday night from about 6:00 until dark , maybe 3 miles off the island. Picked up 11 on Sunday morning in about 4 hours. Lost 3 at the boat on Sunday, including one that was very nice size. Big fish was about 6.5 lbs. 42 lbs on Sunday and 31 lbs on Friday so we had much better size on Sunday. Bugs were terrible Sunday. We stayed well south of the big pack at the line on Sunday and rarely had another boat near us the whole morning. Almost all of our fish were on harnesses, either 3 oz. inlines 40 feet back or dipseys, 55 ft. on #1 setting.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Fished NE of Kelley's Shoal on Saturday AM and Sunday PM. Same program both days. One oz. in-lines 35-55 back @ 1.3 MPH. Took 2 hours Sat. for our 12 and 3 hours Sunday for 12.

Pink beads w/ copper #5 Colorado's and orange beads with #6 Confusion Colorado's. Fish were more finicky Sunday. Sounded like bigger fish moved a mile or so east from last week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts