slammin smallies

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintechnician, Sep 29, 2008.

1. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i headed out to the scioto early saturday morning. got to the river about 7. didn't get the first fish until close to 8 but once they turned on it was awsome. from 8-11 i caught 27 smallies and 1 carp about 15 lbs. caught them all on white twister tails slow rolled. they are starting to school up and are chasing shad. i found allot off of points that lead in to deeper water. or they are on some kind of structure weathe rit be rocks or logs they are holding tight to it. not much out of the currents. most fish were in the 15-16 in range with maybe a handfull being under 12 in. i had two nice one that would have went close to 18-19 in. the are all starting to fatten up to. and i had a bald eagle fly over head about 7:30. it was really cool to see. there startin to heat up guys get out there and get um

2. pizza

pizza

nice job. The rain we are currently getting and will get over the next day or two should really help the smallie bite. The rivers have been low for a while, are about to rise, and it's getting close to that time of the year. Plus its gonna start to cool down so the smallies will really start putting on the feed bags.