close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

slab blue gill

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by big black jeep, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Can anyone tell me where i could catch some monster blue gill? I want to take my 6 year old brother out and i want him to catch some big blue gill. He said he is tired of the little ones.
    thanks
    phillip

2. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

dublin police station has some nice gills in it...wouldnt recommend eating them tho, they have a funky color'd meat and there are alot of snails in there so they get the black spots on the meat.

caught several 8-10" gills out of there, one even took in a 8 inch texas rigged worm with a 2/0 hook.

sowbelly

3. Thanks sowbelly I will have to try it.

4. sowbelly101

try the ponds at the homestead park off cosgray road, there are some big gills in there and also heard they put some red ears in there.. best spot in there for me has been fishing out from the drain pipe by the parking lot on the pond closest to the road.

5. Jeep: Check out the picture of my son & grandson under "bassin mickey" in the photo gallery. Now that's a gill!! :)

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I didn't know Homestead Park had two ponds. I thought there was only one, with the mill/building by it. Its usually full of weeds. Learn something new every day.

7. sowbelly101

i guess its actually 1 pond but divided by the bridge,,, i use that as a reference point as to which side im talkin about... it is nice and weedy and has some hawg bass in it too. talked to one of the guys there and he said someone threw crappie in there and they aint to happy about it... just have to fish them out i guess.... too bad they dont let ya ice fish that place....

sowbelly

8. My bro has caught crappie in there 13" 's . Ive only fished it once, and didnt do any good.

You got to find you an old farm pond and get permission too fish it. Thats where you will get the best blue gills consitantly. We got a place that every time we go we get several 9+".

Here is one. went 9.5"

[​IMG]