Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Skunked on the LMR... again!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Yup you got it, skunked yet again. Today I was drifting and floating shiners around typical habitat any predatory fish likes to hang. Not as much as a single bite. I'm at the end of my wits with this river as far as smallmouth are concerned. Gotta give it a shot for flatheads yet, but if that fails I up and discredit it ;)

I had to resort to creek chub fishing at a small trickle of a stream that runs through the property where my apartment is. Beat nothing I suppose, as I really got into them the biggest was probably 3"! Thats right 3 whole inches :D
  2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

heh heh..thats a whopper chub.. :p
    next time you are going out, let me know..i'm up for some smallies action.. :cool:

3. Pulled a couple out last year at 32 where it heads into the levie. Parks system put in a parking lot there. Plenty of access. Last Nov caught a couple of LM bass, a striper or two and one nice smallie there. Haven't fished it there this year...yet. Waiting til fall. Catfishing is better closer to the mouth of LMR, but hard to find access. Parks only allow dawn to dusk...
  4. What part of the LMR did you fish? If you want shoot me a PM and I'll give you some info on a couple of places that has produced for me in the past. Provided you're not afraid to get your feet wet! :D

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Skeeziks I was up to my waste yesterday in the water, sure felt great :D

crappielooker, there is no smallie action down here to speak of, don't know what you're talking about ;)
  6. Had good luck for catfish on Saturday night. The biggest was at 23" on livers. Caught 2 small mouths at about 10" to 12". I was fishing around tipp city.
  7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Man dont feel bad, It is hapenning in the creeks I fish also, no smallies, and no cats.
  8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I'll be honest with ya flathunter, thus far I am very dissapointed with south west Ohios fishing prospects. I don't know if its the amount of pressure the fish down here recieve or just a total lack there of fish but this place has me down :(

I'm just looking for a place that I can catch fish that isn't a farm pond - I don't care what those fish may be.
  9. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

I was at Caesar Creek over the weekend, people were catching plenty of bluegill off the boat docks... if that interests ya bud
  10. Hey FM everyone has bad times fishing now & then :) better fishing is right around the corner!Take your pole to work with ya ;) :D have you tried behind my shop yet?Daryl
  11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Daryl all the times I fish the LMR is right behind your place. I generally walk by it when I'm fishing over that way but you're never in. In the event I ever go back to the LMR I'll stop in and see ya ;)

As far as fishing at work ........*shhhh* :D
  12. catking

catking Banned

Just takes time to know it. If you haven't fished the Morrow /Loveland area, you are missing the very best this river has to offer. Especially towards Morrow. Been days of 10 nice smallies with some sauger/ spotted bass mixed in. Loveland has some of the finest areas also. The little miami down by Camp Dennison and Miamiville is also VERY GOOD. There is a park off rt#125 in Miamiville that has good access for wading ;) .Give it time fishman.fall is by far the best time. In fact cornmuse of this site, and vice prez of Ohio smallmouth alliance of Ohio, ranks this river(towards Morrow) in the top 3 of the state..CATKING
  13. Its ok me and rich just got skunked at the ohio 2 days in a row, He caught one skip at the dam
  14. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

It's dam Rusty.
  15. Yea thanks. I think i am just going to start a vioce chat fishing site. Then i will only seem a little stupid. What do you think