close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Skunked on the Little Miami

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

We'll I finally got some time to fish the little Miami and I got my first chance to get skunked on it too :p Of course it never fails, when you have some time off and the rivers are getting back to normal, you'll get some rain to muddy things up.

A friend and I fished it for about 5 or 6 hours in various spots, all within the 275 outer belt. We we're "attempting" to wade it which proved to be very difficult. I did manage to spot fish two nice gar, but both pulled free. Found a small dead flathead, so I know there are some flattys in there which sooner or later will get some of my attention. I found a lot of places that looked promising but I also found a lot of spots that look like they get hit pretty hard for cats. Thats not to say people arn't out there just channel catfishing, as I'de like to check it out for flatheads.

I was really surprised I didn't catch anything. We fished a lot of promising looking areas, and never got as much as a bite. The rain on Friday may have messed things up?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I dont know what it is maybe it is just me, but the fish are just not hitting in the creeks

3. I've fished it alot this year, mostly for cats and the occasional carp. Not much happening there right now...other than turtles. I've caught more this year than I ever have....at this point a couple dozen. The water is incredibly warm right now. Even the dinks and the panfish are not hitting.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

We'll I was thinking part of my unsuccessful fishing trip there was on account of that fact I'm not experianced in the slighest fishing mid sized rivers. I'm use to being able to walk a mile and never have to take a swim to get past the next pool.

Thanks for sharing that I'm not the only one getting skunked out there, makes me feel a bit better :)

5. Fellas, ive been doing pretty well over here on the west side of town, particularly the Whitewater river, and Dry Fork creek, I went yesterday, and caught 3 nice smallies, 2 on white grub, and 1 on topwater popper. I saw some really nice Smallies (some 3 or 4 lbs) busting on some shads that were about 6 or 7 inches. You might wanna try fishing later in the afternoon, that will help alot, always works for me, especially right before the sun disappears!!!!

6. Now Fishman you have been tossin out some insults my way, but let me ask you one thing, did we ever get skunded, so is danny not pullin he whieght or am i just lucky. Better luck next time, you better have a good spot for when i come up

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I live south of you Russel.... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAW /me ramps over anything.

I was fishing around late morning and early afternoon - could very easily explain why I got skunked :p

8. That you do tom, but the "I wonder if I can ramp that" mindset takes years to develop, so you will have to keep working on that.

Yea that noon fishin can be slugginsh, but ill come DOWN there and we will sworp them like we did back in the old days.

And its Russell