Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waded the darby from 930am till bot 1pm nothing. Talkd to a guy that was in same area dont no if he is a OGF member but was very imformative about the area and lures to use and acouple other areas of the darby he let me no about. We both threw everything at them and nothing. I saw another post bout not seeing anything in the streams. In the area of the darby we were in i saw small to big crawdads. In one area there seemd to be several large craws dead. Didnt look they had been eaten yet just in the water dead. And saw plenty of small minows. If the guy i ran into today is a member let me no who u r and maybe we can hook up again actually knowing eachother.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
the "dead" craws you saw where prolly not dead but sheds. the hard shell of a craw dad is actually its skeleton once they outgrow it they molt this is when you get the soft craws as there new shell is under the old one and will harden in a few days. you should look fo rocky areas and throw craw dad type/color lures and you should catch fish or find some of the softies and pitch them with no weight and let them float down stream you will catch fish

·
Registered
537 Posts
Busch there are fish out there to be caught. I probably know the area that you are in. I have been having a little trouble there lately also. The problem at the moment is the flow. We need rain badly. I usually fish in a pretty strong current and I went and checked it out the other night and it was completely stagnant. Saw a bunch of yaks actually headed up stream.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been in Darby about 7or 8 times in the past month.I have yet to be skunked(thanks to the #2 mepps),when all else fails I'll tie that on and atleast hook a R.B. or two.All in all though I haven't done that well.

However,I am fairly new to the wading thing,but boy do I love being knee deep in the creek.

·
Banned
798 Posts
I'd also reconsider what time of day you are fishing, if that's possible.
I SECOND THAT. I usually go out around 5:30am and fish till 10ish. I never go out past 11am-5pm. Never had much luck. Then the bite seems to pick up around 6-7 till dark.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea u can forget about me being in the water at 530AM i get up at 5 sat thur wed so my 2 days off thur fri i sleap alittle maybe ill have to try the eveing

·
Registered
32 Posts
Me an a bud went yesterday (friday) from a bout 3-6pm and caught about 30 smallies total but nothing of any size to excited about. Rebel craw just upstream from Trapper Johns. Thinking of hitting a stretch off 762 once the rain stops for something to do till the UFC fight tonight

·
Registered
337 Posts
i've been wading the darby pretty frequently the last week and done pretty well. where i work we've been on shutdown so i've had plenty of time to fish and have been fishing all times durring the day. in the morning topwater pop-r has produced as well as a small spinner cross current in riffles. afternoon fishing deeper pools with a little jig'n'pig around downed trees. in the evening fishing the current again with either a spinner or a small crank.

while i was wading big darby a couple of days ago i got a chance to meet an ogf member. real cool to meet ya hooked4 life. let me know anytime if ya want to meet up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts