Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pipliner and I went to Lorain and bombed out along with all the others. Everyone was crying the blues as the mayflies have really shut down the walleye bite. We caught several farm animals. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I was out there yesterday also with the wife.
Lots of bass fishermen but all they were managing was wearing the tails out on their tubes.
Seams as if the whole lake has shut down for a spell.

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
I went out of Fariport on Saturday. I headed straight out from the lighthouse until I hit 52 FOW. Started looking around on the fish finder and it didn't take long for me to find some schools of perch. Was it just me or was the 1 to 3 foot of waves they were calling for a bit smaller than they actually were out there. I could only handle the waves for a little while. Landed a few perch and decided to error on the side of caution, came back in behind the Fairport break wall and drifted a while. Got lots of Farm Animals.

flash------------------------------------------out

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
I talked to alot of guys out on the lake yesterday from the western basin to Ashtabula and all had a tough day with the fish.

Kim

·
Registered
900 Posts
Was up on the big lake friday and saturday fished walleye around west sister we zipped on the eyes plenty of farm critters man they love those vib be's
saturday fished a bass tournament out of the bay we decided to stay in the bay ended up with 11+ with our 5 fish limit all large mouth
lots of limits of smallies with the winner 17+ with 5 fish from what I heard all the winning bags came from vermilon area
heard some kind of RUMOR!! that there was a 18+ lb walleye caught off the gravel pit off the shipping channel last week
geowol

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
fished today for 6 hrs ot of wildwood from 60ft to 70 ft and back to 54 ft and no eyes at all. very few marks even. the perch bite was on though. so much for s.w. winds @1 -3 footers today

·
Registered
749 Posts
Fished a bass tourney Sat. and Sun. on the big water, and the bite was tough. Launched out of Huron, and fished Ruggles. Several limits brought in out of our club, some from Vermilion and a few from Ruggles. Most of the guys who limited out only caught those fish though, they did not cull. I managed two smallies on Saturday from ruggles, one on a tube and the other a spider grub. Sunday, I caught two LM and a smallie on a spinnerbait near Ruggles. My partner and I found a honey hole! I managed 4.87 lbs on Sat. and 8.23 lbs. on Sunday. I finished fourth on both days I think. Not bad for my first trip to Erie.

Eric

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Saturday was just plain rough. I would have liked to have hanged that weatherman. 1-3's, RIGHT. We got to Pt. Clinton Friday evening and the lake was dead flat. Woke up Saturday to an entirely different story. See our post titled Pelee Island for more information.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We got out Sunday & fished a drop off by a large mudflat to the western side of West Sister(2-2.5 miles west), we caught 90 perch in @2 hours. We drifted after that, when the wind kicked up, bottom bouncers and harnesses, weapons, weighted spinners, nothing but white perch. We had good marks, but got skunked on the Walleye. We didn't mess around with trolling at all though, I had heard that the walleye didn't cooperate Saturday, so we left all of the trolling gear at home.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sunday we only managed one walleye and lost one at the boat. Trolled from 75ft - 70 ft = nothing. Trolled in 60 -63 feet and found some good marks but only managed the two walleye and plenty of sheepies. We were trolling with big dipseys and spoons. Talked to many others and same story....slow!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts