close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Skunked at Salt Fork

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ducman491, Sep 25, 2017.

1. I fished the Sunday tournament at Salt Fork a couple weeks ago because I had "enter a tournament" on my bucket list and I wanted to cross it off. I had never been to Salt Fork before so I went down on Saturday and camped for the night. My original plan was to get down there about 10:00 am and spend the day fishing on Saturday. Well that didn't work out and I got there about 4:30 pm Saturday. I spent about 2 hours running the lake and looking for spots that suit my style for the tournament. Shallow weeds, laydowns and lily pads. My boat has a 20hp motor so I stuck to the south end by the dam and as far north as the Marina.

Sunday morning came and I fished my strengths without a single bite for 2 hours. Then an unfortunate bluegill took my trick worm and to be fair I was a little amped up to feel a fish in my first tournament and gave him a hook set that launched him out of the water and into next week.

Long story shorter, it's a very different lake than I am used to fishing and I couldn't find a bass to save my life. Luckily, there were 2 other boats that got skunked too so I didn't feel too bad and I got to cross the tournament off my bucket list. Where are the bass in that lake typically?

Thanks

TClark likes this.
  2. Salt fork has always been a dead sea for me as well. They're in there...like everything else, right time and place.

ducman491 and cane pole like this.

3. The winning weight was 5lbs 2oz so it's not like anyone was killing it.

TClark likes this.
  4. Im spending a week there in October. lets hope they loosen those jaws

ducman491 and TClark like this.