Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished south side of ladue sunday from about 8 oclock to 1 30 with no luck. tried for crappie for a while and than for bass.....nothing.. i was using bright jigs tipped with minnows.marabu jigs, floating jigs, and even tried throwing some chin spinners.....nothing.. for bass i was using med and large spinners, and some tube baits...nothing... well, a tree branch. a decent fight but no good to eat. i think the water is still too cold for the crappie. the main part was 51 to53 deg, most of the coves were 53 to 55 deg. seen 3 small turtles on a log and i think i herd them laughing at me. if anyone has any crappie tactics for this lake, let me know. thank you

·
hardcore fisherman
298 Posts
I'm right there with ya, Myself and Jyb went out on sat. Jyb had a real nice bass chase his lure to the boat, and I had some thing break my off on my ultra light. Other than that nothing. I think we tried just about everything!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I spent 2 seasons fishing that lake with some decent results. I think there are a handful of fellas that have the "honey holes". Those are the places where you can get 30 fish days. I know people that claim to have done it on that lake repeatedly. I for one have not nor been with someone who has. yes it's electric and yes its a good fishery and yes it's heavily pressured.

It's a patient fisherman lake... Slow goes it except for certain times it shuts down in a heartbeat.

Can't put my boat in there anymore but if anyone ever has an open seat I do know a couple spots No guarantees..... but I'll do my best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts