close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Skunked at East Fork spillway

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Surprisingly the water isn't up that bad, it's a bit murky but all things considered it was in good shape. I didn't have a bite all day, but I did manage to snag into something, got that first pull of the year in anyway. All I managed was to catch a scale. Guess I should of been carpin :)

If there are saugeye in there, now would be the time to hit it. That's what I was fishing for with jigs tipped with minnows/minnows on the bottom but like I said above nothing was interested.

So are there saugeyes in there?

2. Sorry...no saugeyes in East Fork. There are hybrid stripers that can be caught from time to time below the spillway...but most of the time that place is hit or miss for anything. I know of lots of nice fish that have come out of there, but most people who fish it get skunked (including me usually). Lots of carp, but still a bit cold for them.

3. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Try this: Walk up to the railing and drop a pink jig with one live minnow on it, over the edge..............Now position means everything here..........gotta get the jig right at the end of the ramp that the water comes down, the current "curls " around right there, giving you about 2 sq ft of flat water on both sides of the Chute...........drop it to the bottom and slowly jig it.......You'll catch a fish...Ive caught a TON of Crappies like this, also a few very olive green Carp that were fun to try and pull up that wall...Broke a few bigger fish off as well.................................this wont work when the water is coming out too fast, has to be sorta slow flow.

Good luck !!

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thanks for the info Thresher.

Ya learned today froma co-worker there are no saugeyes in there. What a shame, yesterday would of been perfect for'em ;P