Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ha, just kidding;) on the water about 3:30pm off the water about 5:45pm with a nice 2 man limit of 18" to 24". lost 4, released 3 smaller ones. no junk fish, walleye all day:D fished in 48 FOW. didn't catch a fish elsewhere. found a small pod and had to keep returning to them. couple hundred yards off the waypoint and nothing. caught them all on scorpion spoons. sir walleye and a kervorkian i painted an orange stripe on were the best. speed didn't seem to matter. we got them at 3 mph and got them at 1.4 mph. trolled north to south/south to north. big dipsy w/ring 3.5 at 55 and the 1.5 at 45 seemed best. if you want numbers PM me and i'll give them up. im going back saturday so im not posting them..sorry;) here's a few photos.

Attachments

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Way to go EZ, nice looking fish. Where did you launch at??
thanks all. we launched at lakeshore park. DO NOT USE THE RAMP CLOSEST TO THE LAKE!!! it drops 2 feet under the water. i was launching and watching to see when the boat started to float off the trailer because i moved it forward on the trailer last trip out. the tops of fenders were just submerging and wham, everything disappeared, guide-ons included. when we were pulling out (on the other side) i was talking to a guy who said theres a ledge you drop off of. be careful, im not launching on that side again.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Outstanding catch. You owe me! :D LOL. Hope the info was helpful for ya.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
thats some fine lookin fish there...

@ first i read skunked... im like What ......LOL almost had me for a sec..

Good job im glad your having a great year so far EZ..

Frank

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
ez.....sounds like an awesome day on the water! several reports now are showing the eye in the bula area....thats good to see. lots of fishermen in that area are lookin for these fish.

great job.....be safe out there.

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
I'll be out there too Sat. I may get to see some of you guys. Is there a particular station you guys run on the radio? Thanks.....Paul

p.s.- Also any info on the best place to launch in Ashtabula would be very helpful...Thank you in advance!

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
I'll be out there too Sat. I may get to see some of you guys. Is there a particular station you guys run on the radio? Thanks.....Paul

p.s.- Also any info on the best place to launch in Ashtabula would be very helpful...Thank you in advance!
If you want to take a scenic route, launch at Jacks. The only downfall like I stated is it will take you around 20 minutes to get up the river. Lakeshore is right on the lake. I have never launched from there. I am sure some one here will give you the heads up on it.

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
If you want to take a scenic route, launch at Jacks. The only downfall like I stated is it will take you around 20 minutes to get up the river. Lakeshore is right on the lake. I have never launched from there. I am sure some one here will give you the heads up on it.
Not all boats can launch out of Lakeshore. The first (and last) time I was there with my 23 footer, I had to winch 6K pounds of fiberglass and engines up dry bunks (getting the boat off the trailer is easy there, when the trailer drops out of sight off the end of the ramp). Geneva has a great ramp, and isn't that far from Ashtabula. I'm going out of Geneva in the morning.

Workdog

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not all boats can launch out of Lakeshore. The first (and last) time I was there with my 23 footer, I had to winch 6K pounds of fiberglass and engines up dry bunks (getting the boat off the trailer is easy there, when the trailer drops out of sight off the end of the ramp). Geneva has a great ramp, and isn't that far from Ashtabula. I'm going out of Geneva in the morning.

Workdog
i would not try to launch (or recover) a large boat at lakeshore. i dont have trouble with my 19, but i bet a 23 footer sucked to pull out:( do they charge to ramp at geneva? i never have been there?

im going from lakeshore in the morning and i will be on ch# 14. good luck guys!

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
When I was up at Geneva last week, the lady charged me $5, but it was minimal compared to how nice the rams are. I got a 22' Trophy, so I may just join you tomorrow Workdog....what does the weather look like? Last time I checked it was supposed to lay down some and be like 2 footers.....cooler temps as well...that would be real nice!

I finally got the new boat all set up and I'm anxious to shake 'er down and crisen her with some eye juice!

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
They've never charged at Geneva before, but I haven't been out of there this year yet. Too bad.

Workdog

1 - 20 of 20 Posts