Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in my boat twice this week. First trip was with my Grandson. I had wanted him to get some catfishing action besides helping grandpa with launching and getting the boat back on the trailer. The 2nd trip was by myself which resulted in the same outcome, lots of effort and NO reward!
For all the details read my updated web page http://www.cincinnaticatfishing.com

·
Banned
553 Posts
Yep.
Got out on the bank one day last week with the same result. Water was tannin black but also clear as good gin. Weather seemed right, water temp good, but other than many very small minnows, the water seemed empty. Jigs, minnows, nightcrawlers, spinners, Rapalas, 7 hrs and into dark nothing drew any attention.

If you told me all the fish went on vacation to the Bahamas, I could not dispute it.

On the bright side, the mild temps and full cloud cover made it easy to keep the beer cold. and the fire, while not really needed, was certainly pleasant.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Tough bite yesterday for most of us yesterday at swocc tournament. Best approach was anchoring on structure. We spent too much time drifting and bottom bouncing and they just were not in the mood to chase. Took most of our fish anchored. All came on shad. Nobody interested in skipjack.

·
Registered
406 Posts
today was the day to be fishing . 30 to 40 feet seems like every where ya stopped fish bit 6 hours 20 fish a lot of dinks but still fun found bait schooled up in the creeks

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Randy, Vince and Mike Paul won with 75ish lbs, they had a 30 and a 16 plus 3 nice channels. 2-4th place was around 53-46 lbs, it trickled down from there, we were 9th with 23 lbs, 11 teams

1 - 10 of 10 Posts