close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Skunked!! Again!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Mushijobah, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Well took the boat out again last evening filled to the brim with gear and 3 people. Went south of circleville only to discover white water rapids which were fun going down, but hell coming up! Found a spot fairly close to the 52 bridge at a large bend (i'm sure you know which one if you fish the area). Did not catch squat! Chris (Dunkle) had a screaming run but he wasnt quick enough to react being that he was 20 yards away making a fire. My brother casey (saugeyeslayer) had a very large fish on a live bluegill but broke him off after about 5 minutes. I caught another freaking softshell turtle. THEY SMELL HORRIBLE. Well, do any of you guys know why the fishing isnt as good as it was in june? I thought it was suposed to get better in august. Oh well. Anyone else doing well (or poorly)?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I dont know, Flathunter & I finally made it to what we thought was the promise land onyl to catch two flats & two cahnnels, the largest fla tbeing 15#.

I honestly dont know whats up, hopefully it will change for the better during the fall bite.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Hot water and low oxygon levels mean sluggish and slow hitting fish, it will pick up soon.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Bryan, I thought we caught two channels cats, whats a Cahnnel???? Also I thought you caught two flats, whats a fla???

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Shut up man, I mean mna!