Skunked AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CDL, Aug 2, 2008.

1. CDL

CDL

I headed out to OShay this morning. I hit the water around 6:30. I threw everything I knew; grubs, tubes, ZellPop, lipless crank, Berkley Gulp bait, etc. I tried several different retrieves. I'm thinking either A) I'm the world's worst fisherman, or B) I'm not going where the fish are. Do any of you have any tips for where to look for fish? I was fishing around cover off the East shore, but other than that, I'm not sure what else to do. Any and all advice is appreciated.

2. Not sure CDL, the water is warm, and it has been hit or miss for sure. I consider myself a lot of A) and a little of B) - I get lucky from time to time.

Try the evening, I have had horrible results in the morning...makes me wonder why I got up so early.

Good Luck

3. CDL

CDL

It's nice to hear froma fellow Bobcat (I'm assuming from the avatar you either go there or are an alum). I'll give evenings a try sometime. It's more difficult for to get out in the evenings that's why I try to get out early.

4. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Don't worry CDL. We all have those days every now and then. Maybe it'll give you motivation to try some new techniques.
    Good luck man...

5. mornings should be getting good, with the hatchings of baitfish getting bigger, i know there is alot of weeds in oshay, but that is the key! just throw spinner baits and small cranks parrallel with the weeds and then if no hits flip plastics right into them, this should produce some fish early am, once the sun gets on you should look for shade and weeds