close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Skitters, Piedmont Lake, should I be afraid?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ohiobowhunter, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I'm thinking about going to Piedmont this week, and because of the hot weather, I think I might fish at night.

That is.......unless the mosquito's are out in force. :(

Does anyone have a skitter report for piedmont?

Thanks

2. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

Not real sure as I am a few weeks away from being there now but Paul and Barb Krzywdik might be able to get you there report from there Marina at the lake.

Pkrzywdik@aol.com

3. I've been fishing Piedmont for saugeye after dark and have'nt had any problems.

4. Thanks....

How has the saugeye fishing been? I figured I would troll for awhile, then most likely drift and drink....my favorite.

5. I could not for the life of me figure that one out. How bout Skeeters? I'm not pickin on you but that was not even close.

6. Your right.....:(

I sure hope I don't see many of those!

7. THE WHITE WORM

THE WHITE WORM WOBBLE-WOBBLE

Are You Taking Your Wife Fishing Or Something, Just Wondering Why You Are Worried About Skeeters? Just Kidding. I Used To Go To Minnesota And They Are Their State Bird Up There. But As For Fishing, I Never Have A Problem While Trolling But When Casting, They Can Get On Your Nerves. But No Reports For You Lately.

If They Are Bad, Invest In A Headnet, We Wear Long Sleeves And Put The Net On Our Head And Could Fish All Night In The Swarms Of Them Up North.

8. I'm looking to get to Piedmont here soon. Let me know how you do.

9. Well, didn't make it this weekend. Maybe in the next few I will. I remember one time as a kid on piedmont with my father, uncle, and brother, night fishing for cats. They were so bad that night, I think they even put holes in the pontoons. Anyway....if i'm going to fish all night, I would rather not have to deal with them and just enjoy the trip. BTW...I lived in Colorado for 20 years. In the summer, in the mountains, the horse flies....enough said.

Bow

10. Just got back. No bug problems at all. Mostly bass fished. Some locals told me they were catching Saugeyes between eight and nine with bottom bouncers.