Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the water yesterday around 7:00AM and decided to try the “skinny” bite. We fished from 7:00 – 1:00 and ended up going 7 for 9 with the eyes. The biggest was 28” at 8lbs, all the rest were in the 23” – 24” range. Although the action wasn’t hot and heavy, it was a throwback to days of old. We pulled deep diving Thunderstick Jr’s behind the boards at 70’ back; we fished anywhere between 20’ – 28’ FOW and were targeting fish in the 15’-18’ range.

All in all a good day on the lake and even better was the 5 minute run back to the dock – sure beats hoofing it in from 10 miles out.

Good fishing.....Erie Knight

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We fished within 1/2 mile of the Gold Coast.

One of the crew snapped a photo of the cooler, I'll get it from him and post later.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Hit the water yesterday around 7:00AM and decided to try the “skinny” bite. We fished from 7:00 – 1:00 and ended up going 7 for 9 with the eyes. The biggest was 28” at 8lbs, all the rest were in the 23” – 24” range. Although the action wasn’t hot and heavy, it was a throwback to days of old. We pulled deep diving Thunderstick Jr’s behind the boards at 70’ back; we fished anywhere between 20’ – 28’ FOW and were targeting fish in the 15’-18’ range.

All in all a good day on the lake and even better was the 5 minute run back to the dock – sure beats hoofing it in from 10 miles out.

Good fishing.....Erie Knight
Erie Knight,
What size of the Thunderstick Jr's are you using in your presentation?

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
We were using Deep Jr's (3 1/2")
I just ordered some Deep Jr. Thundersticks the madflash series, I believe they are 3.5 inches, was the reason for my question. i havent fished with any Thundersticks before.
Thanks for your answer.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts