close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Skies in the upper Hoga?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by esoxangler, Feb 2, 2009.

1. I talked with a guy who insisted there is a small population of muskellunge in the upper reaches of the Hoga. I've been fishing the river for a few years and I keep thinking he's getting his toothy critters confused.

2. I heard the same from one of my dad's friends 20 years ago. It is possible, try fishing that part of the hoga that he fishes....

3. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Could be. There's muskies in the upper reaches of the Grand...

4. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

im guessing youre right about his "crossed critters"... true about the grand.ive fished the upper cuy. for close to 20 yrs. no musky,or tigers.. its possible ,but i doubt it.

5. if so u could count the number of them on ur hand. I never heard of a muski in the hoga. Maybe he has them confused with pike like u said.

6. the old tackle shack used to have a pic of about a 15 -20 lb muskie caught down on front street i don't know how long ago.

7. a while back-maybe five or ten years ago-i'm pretty sure they were electroshocking right below the route 82 dam in brecksville and a muskie floated up. does anyone else remember this?

8. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

I have worked the hoga from hiram to cuyhoga falls for 40 yrs and NEVER seen a lunge. Doesn't mean there cant be any tho I guess.

9. I too have fished the Hoga. for the past 30 some years and never heard of a Muskie being caught..As Fishers of Men said not to say there was not one in there...People do move fish around in a bucket, someone may have dumped one in at one time or another.......Jim....