close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

skeeter

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by peple of the perch, Oct 21, 2007.

1. I went to skeeter today in my new boat. It runs very nice. I was very happy with it. If i was in my old boat i would have crapped my pants with the conditions that we were in. I did mark a few fish but i just so happend to have lost my anchore. so we were only able to drift. I remember me not tying it too well but just throwing it in the boat anyways, but that was a day or too after i got the boat. It was nice being able to walk around and not beeing afraid of falling in the water. On our way in about 200 feet from the launch we run out of gas. So we are drifting towards the rocks on the causeway. But luckily two guys in a pontoon towed us in so if you are on here thankyou very much. We did not catch anything, But everyone i talked too had as much luck as i did. I wiched i would of got some crappies but theres always tomarrow. :D

2. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

How is the water level over there? And where were you fishing? I'm thinking of coming over monday for a few hours and could use a starting point.

3. Last I was up there it was 4 feet down and pretty stained. Was gettin a few eyes off the drops. Few guys gettin crapps and small eyes at night off the rocks. Hope it helps.

4. The ramp is out on lindas launch. We launched on RT88 south side and boated to the north, Water levels are several feet down. There were some big waves so it was muddy. I did not know it got so shallow we bottomed out on the north east side, and we were around 300 feet from shore.

5. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Been there, done that too !!! Took me 1/2 an hour to work my boat loose.:mad: Rocked it back and forth until it worked loose. Went up by the bouys that day and hammered the eyes.:D That was a few years ago tho. Think i'll put in on the SP ramp and fish the south end drops.

6. Did you see anyone duck hunting or better yet did you see any ducks or geese. Usually skeeter is crazy with the waterfowl opener this weekend.

7. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

Peple, you didnt happen to have stopped in at Linda's and see her or anyone and talk to them did you ?

8. linda is just fine looks great, asked for two doz minnies, got 4 doz put in at the state park , in good shape ,the eyes and crappie ,are real hungry. about 7 trailers in the parking lot. find a stump,pull them in.

9. lots of blinds. a few hunters but there was no birds to be seen anywhere. i talked to a lady that was launching and she said minnows are a must. I wish i would have meet her b4 i went out. But it was mainy to get a feel of my new boat.

10. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Peple, did you use any microspoons over there? They're working good over here at shenango and they worked good over at skeeter in the spring. I've been lip hooking a small minnow, putting a weight about a foot above it and either drifting it or slow trolling with the electric motor. Fish just above the stumps. I was even catching fish while using them under a bobber drifting. Next time, give em a try.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I got them in a day late. That was one of the reasons why i was putting off going. I got them monday. And they look great. I filled up my bathroom sink and was dropping them in there. that Dafly really does flutter/glide. also the ones that have the beads on them acctually do rattle which i was suprised to hear. I am hoping to go back on saturday. also next time u talk to them thank them for the extras that they sent me :D