Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why haven't there been any reports from the lake on how fishing has been from Causeway Bait. Last report was from the 19th April. Thats not like Linda anybody know whats going on.Want to head out there but not going to drive that far if fishing isn't any good.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tom G, I agree. I have a pretty long drive over to mosquito and the few times I have been there it hasnt been worth it. I cannot figure out what is going on with Mosquito this year as it has been tough. I guess that is what makes fishing fun. If I were to limit everytime out, it might get boring (but I would like to confirm this). There hasn't been a whole lot of posts probably because no one is having a lot of luck.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I Am So Sorry That I Have Not Been Posting Much, Just Been Busy Catching Up On Things.
The Fish Are Biting.
They Are Getting Walleyes On Both North And South Ends.

The Regular Spring Hot Spots Are North By Between The Island And The Buoys.
South By The Cemetary And Crane Area.
South West Shore Directly Across From The Cemetary.
And A Few Nice Ones Off The Causeway.

A Lot Off Crappies Off The Causeway And In The Bay Areas , Late Afternoon Or Evening Is The Best, Fishing About 5 Ft. Deep, Using Jigs And Minnnows.

Take A Kid Fishing
They Will Remember It For A Lifetime,

Linda

·
Walleye Fisher
3 Posts
Where exactly is the CEMETARY....Got some confusing info from people.....been told south east side half way to the damn is that correct...and how can u tell where it is or where it was....tanks if u got time to reply

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
I fished the 88 stumpfield saturday and sunday and got 70 crappies and 7 walleyes in two days. Was using a microspoon and minnow drifting.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
got 27crappie all nice fish , started at 8am off the lake at noon , had to be home ,by 2pm . chaunc I need to buy a half dozen of those flys . most fish came on it , lost it to a big crappie , my fault , shouda retied sooner. that fly has about fifty crappies to its score . OH and I:M still carrying around your radio! .jim

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I'm thinking about trying mosquito tomorrow (Saturday 5/4). I've never fished there for walleye, I guess I'll be prepared to jig and troll.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
commodore , go across the causeway ,stop at the bait shop ,theres a sign telling the hot spots. try the stumps west side . north end down by the bouy's , I:LL be there red lund blk merc .

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
SOmeone I used to work with mentioned fishing the "old roadbed" in the south. He mainly was a jigger, I guess. It sounds liek most people drift at Mosquito then...

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
well theres trollers [luredaddy] and drifters they both get eyes , just find a spot and jig/ troll . me, I do both but do better with a 2oz bottom bouncer. theres more than one road bed , I like the stumps , eyes and big crappie hang out there. it:LL be a zoo this week end ,keep your cool at the ramps.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I will be there in the morning & Chippawa will be there. 2 boats.
I will yell out for you guys.
Channel 68-69, 78-79

1 - 16 of 16 Posts