Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tap into some eyes this weekend... I couldn't buy a bite drifting crawlers before the weather got horrible around 4. If you did catch them how deep and what were ya using.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
55 Posts
Every time I go out to Mosquito I have caught under sized walleye... I only drift fish I have had some keepers his year as well. but EVERY time I go out I get atleast one undersized. not sure if that's good or bad.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
It's good to see undersized fish good for years to come. The bad thing that I've noticed in the few times fishing skeeter is all the walleyes are all around the same size. Which means there is not a lot of year classes out there. I've got 2 around 20" this year the rest all 14"-17" with only 2 or 3 10" or under. You want to see all sorts of year classes out there which means the lake is in good shape and I just don't see it. If it was me right now I would be flatlining shad style bait on the weed edges, jig and crawler in the weeds, slip bobber with leech or crawler in the weed pockets, or trolling harnesses over the tops of the weeds with a small split shot in front of the harness. Plan on making my way back up there soon and seeing if I can get on some eyes.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts