Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was about 3 inches in marina docks Sunday
One shanty out in the middle of lake off of the dog park beach.
uh
20210124_144321.jpg

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I posted this yesterday in the hardwater section but I will post here as well for those who do not look at the hardwater section. Please be careful out there!

Out on the lake now, a gentleman just went in and we got him out and back to his truck. If you do not have the proper safety equipment, spud, picks, rope, floatation. DO NOT come on the lake. The south end there’s shove ice across the lake. North of that it’s about 1” of ice. Majority of ice south of that is 2-3” some spots more, some less, but you have to SPUD SPUD SPUD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks for helping in such a tough situation icehole. If one guy went in, it only means that others who go to help can go in as well. Takes bravery to do that. Have a safe ice fishing season

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the report i can wait white ice (1-3 inches) is dangerous black ice (4inches and above) is more my grove lol black lives matter

·
Registered
856 Posts
Maybe someone will post. I was across the lake from the marina and looked to be three shanties and a sled over that way. They were on main lake though.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,930 Posts
There were 6 shanty’s and a few sitting on buckets today, talked to one guy sitting in his truck and he said ice is 3-4” I did not spud and check it myself. 3-4” is secondhand info

·
wolfenstein
363 Posts
I was in a eskimo popup. 3" closer to shore, 4"midlake. Bunch of dink perch. Trying elsewhere tomorrow...🤔☝6-8 clicks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts