close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

skeeter eye with eggs

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BigDaddy300, May 27, 2007.

1. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I was at Mosquito yesterday and got several walleye. I kept 2 for the pan and when I filleted the first fish it was full of eggs. Just wondering if anyone has experienced walleyes with eggs this late in the year. Hear is a pic.

[​IMG]

2. : ) Now I remember why I strictly catch and release. Kudos to anyone with the stomach to clean their own fish!! Cool picture - maybe you could use the eggs for NE Ohio Fisherman Caviar!

3. Can't see the pic well enough to tell if they are this year's (mature) eggs which just weren't expelled completely during spawning, or the first stages of development of next year's eggs. If the first possibility, she probably would have absorbed them much the same way they use up fat reserves but hard to tell. The sacks appear to be short so I'm betting on the first possibility. I think the standard egg sack is longer and and more elongated than those in the pic. just from the yellow part-you did say though that she was full of eggs. Nature can sometimes have her timeclock off a bit though:
    ( I remember a guy getting a late season doe with his bow once who had two perfectly formed little deer embreyos inside. They were about the size of peach pits! His grade school aged daughter took them to school for show 'n tell! Not sure how that went over with the teacher?)

4. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

You can click the pic to make it larger.
    I think there is going to be a few stragler spawners as well as early spawners with any species of fish. Thats my guess.

5. They look like eggs that were not expelled. I have seen that in bass and crappies through the years.

6. Rick the 17-1/2" had the same thing that you had mentioned. Looked to be old non-dropped egg sacks. They were and orangish color and they had very hard lumps in them. It was like they were in the process of being absorbed by the fishes body or had some kind of abnormal thing going on. These are for sure not new next years eggs.