close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

skeeter crappies

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rah35000, May 30, 2008.

1. hi all,anyone have any reports on the night fishing off the causeway at night?was up there on 5-23,didnt do too good,got 2 slabs and three others,are they deep now?sure is a blast catching those slabs,the wife caught a nice 12 incer,thought she was going ta pee herself!!!any reports would be greaty appricated,we travel bout 60 miles ta get there,may the bite be with u all!!!

2. me again,no one with any reports off the causeway at night@skeeter,any help would be greatly thankful,travel 60 miles,anything being caufgt?thx

3. Haven't been up to skeeter in about a month, going to try and get up there Monday evening and maybe stay the night out there. If I do, I will be sure to report anything I get.

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

No the crappies arent deep yet. We drifted up by the bouys today and did pretty good using microspoons in that heavy chop. Didn't see anyone else catch a fish but we got 15 crappies 2 perch and 1 walleye. Green was the best producer tipped with a medium minnow. Got a few on gold hook and minnow too.

5. Around 4:00 p.m. yesterday I was at the far east buoy and drifted back...
    We ended up with 12 crappie, near dark-I got a nice 20in eye casting
    a rapala in 4-5FOW. We covered alot of water- should of caught more- water was stained a bit more then normal.

6. Was out from 7:00-noon. Drifting north end til wind finally won. Caught 14 crappie, half over 12". Drift sock only slowed us down to .8-1.0 mph. Caught 37 crappies Memorial Day in the morning. Found one spot we went over a dozen times, catching most of the fish within 50 yards of waypoint.

7. Will be at causeway tonight from 5:30 or 6p.m. till after dark, will let you know if I get anything.

8. Well, went up to skeeter Monday evening from around 6p.m. to 10p.m. No action from 6 till 8:30. from 8:30 - 9 I got 3 small crappies then it started to turn on for me. 9-10 I got around 2 dozen crappies, most were around 8-9 inches and a few were in the 10-12 inch range. Threw all back, and I was fishing on the North side of the causeway, but park on the south side. Surprisingly they didn't really want the minnows. I caught most on Wax Worms, with a white hair jig fishing about 3-4 ft with bobber.