Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys dont like making changes to the site but...why cant we make it a requirement for folks to update thier profile and at a minimum include a location when posting in the marketplace? It would save alot of headache. Most of the adds I reply to, I find out later are way to far away. It would save us the trouble of having to ask where the item is and save all the bumps the thread gets because of people having to ask. Im sure if we took a vote, most would agree so how about it!?!

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Although I do agree with what you're saying, the reality is some guys aren't comfortable with even the slightest bit of personal info out there on the internet, associated with a username.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
..why cant we make it a requirement for folks to update their profile and at a minimum include a location
personally I just don't reply to anyone asking for any info or looking to sell something if they don't list a location.

·
1,915 Posts
Location! Location! Location! That's what sells. I won't look any farther if I have to drive and spend 10.00 bucks in gas. You can call Me cheap, but by the time payday rolls around I find myself looking for 10.00 bucks to get to work. Money's still tight even though I am one of the lucky ones to be back at work.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Also advocate of this. Just general location per example NE Ohio or near XXXX lake. If you are too paranoid for this you should be too paranoid to list anything or even be on the net.

·
Whaler
3,206 Posts
C.J.Stone is a perfect example of how it should be done. He always tells the location of where he's at when advertising on OGF.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Possibly, "Where are you located?" could just be your first question in the marketplace?
That typically is my first question to the guys that dont list a location. My point is, its a hassle. Half the things I find are way out of range so if I knew where it was to start with, I wouldnt be wasting my time or thiers trying to find out. Not to mention they give us three bumps in the marketplace and posting a question like "Where are you located?" counts as a bump.

I'll agree if someone is too paranoid to attach a city to a username online, they probably should never log on. I mean, its not like I'm asking for bank account and SS #'s, come on.

I was just making a suggestion, one I think makes the marketplace better, thats all.

So, if we cant make it a requirement to have it in your profile, then why not make it a requirement for posting in the marketplace. Just like the asking price rule. I can see where knowing someones location in other areas of the site would be a plus but for me the biggest issue is the marketplace forum.

·
5,997 Posts
Been saying it for years. It would only take requiring it when you logged on. If you cant even say what city you live in your to parinoid for a social site anyway. I would also like to see the age. Just so I know if Im talking to an adult or child. But that is a lot of work to verify.

·
always bumpin
636 Posts
good idea, i have my location listed but still get atleast 1 person who asks where im located everytime i list something lol .

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good idea, i have my location listed but still get atleast 1 person who asks where im located everytime i list something lol .
Same here.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts