close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sit Still!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by sam kegg, Nov 9, 2008.

1. well chalk up another one, i hunted from a make shift ground blind yesterday. and after a few hours i felt i needed my stand, so i sneak out to my truck to get my stand, lord behold, a buck walks about 200 yards behind, to the spott i was sitting and right up to my scent bomb and knocks it off the limb, ofcourse it spooked him, and he trotted away. i went back in but there was no calling him back,. it looked like a nice 8

so when you think you wanna move. think agian,

2. I've had that happen to me. This happened two years ago during the extended gun season. Dad and I had to be out of the woods by noon for something to do back home. I told him that I wasn't going to get out of the stand until 11:00 on the dot. Well after a slow morning, I decided to get down at 10:45. I lowered my shotgun and dropped the rope and low and behold here comes a freaking monster out of the green briars. He just stood there for what seemed like forever looking back in the direction he came from. 40 yard shot broadside and my gun was laying on the ground. From that point on, I have always tied my pull rope to my climber as I climb down just in case something like this ever happens again. It's enough to make you sick.

3. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Been there too. Hunting in muzzleloader season one year when the temp topped out at 10 degs. I couldn't stay in my stand any longer because i was so friggen cold so i started to climb down. My muzzleloader was on the ground with the rope piled up on top of it when three fat does came trotting thru. They stopped to stare at at the idiot halfway down the tree for a few seconds and then went merrily on their way. I went deer-less that year.

4. Sometimes I just figure it is not meant to be. The same goes for when I witness guys who have invested far less time in the preparation and precaution and they step in the woods and stick a big buck. There is always luck involved in hunting. Some of it is good luck and some of it is bad.