close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

single glue eggs, oregon cheese.

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Fishaholic69, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

made a few single eggs to see if I can get the hang of it. not bad only had to cut one down and redo it! I had some trouble getting it round right away for about half of them but I dropped in the cold water anyways and dried um good then took a lighter and reheated the glue and spun them round and dropped them in the water again. you can pound these things out! made this in about 10 mins or less! they look great for my 1st ones! might take a few and try to make some clusters! might have to use size 10 hooks for that tho instead of 12's..

Attached Files:

2. Looks very good dude! Do you now just paint them to your likings? Also, I did you try and make a cluster also, that would probably be challenging! Anyway, those look very good!

3. Fishaholic69

no clusters yet. I am gonna figure out how tho asap and post some of those. no need to paint. this is the color called oregon cheese made by the hareline brand. it matches a steelhead egg almost perfectly. they have other colors to match other eggs also. salmon, roe, champange, chartruese etc. I got a tip from another forum that if you really wanted to paint them other colors to use some nail polish. I am gonna also make a few egg sucking leeches using this method for the egg on the front! keep ya posted!

4. Fishaholic69

today I tried to make some cluster eggs and they came out ok but it sure is harder than the singles!! also added some extra glue to the few eggs that weren't 5mm and fixed them up.. made some egg sucking leech setup's also. I will finish those up later and post um. heres some pix. the red bead is the 5mm bead and steelehad eggs are supposedly that big so i used that as a reference. what ya think?

Attached Files:

5. Those clusters look fantastic!

6. Have to warn ya, I would suggest a couple of drops of superglue on the main egg, I use a simular method and when your bouncing them on the rocks they tend to loosen up and come off. Good look'n eggs.

I see your fishaholic account on a couple of fly tying fourms I visit every now and then for new ideas on patterns.

7. Fishaholic69

thanks for the tips will see how these hold up if they don't then use the super glue on the next batch. I am also georgemcfly on a few forums also. I am a member of like 7 or 8 fishing forums haha

8. NIce work McFly see you on the V

9. Fishaholic69

if its fishable I will be there!!! I wear da camo or olive floppy hat!!! see ya out there!