close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Simon Frazer-DE Ohio State

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Big Daddy, Apr 25, 2005.

1. I heard a rumor at work today he's signing a UFA deal with the Browns. Good, solid tweener at DE that may fit well into the 3-4 they're going to.

2. I heard its a done deal Carl.... I hope so!!!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Now dont take this wrong, I love my Browns, and Buckeyes..But I always thought Simon was the week Link on the Bucks Defense.....Next year I want the Browns to get Hawk!

4. I am with you there B-day Boy...
    How did you like the draft?

5. I agree that I was not too impressed with Fraser's career at OSU. He seemed to be an average defensive end at best and had his best years in the first two at OSU. But I think he is a good kid and I am glad he is getting a shot. Growing up in Ohio, I imagine his lifelong dream has been to play in the NFL and for an in-state team is even better. I don't know if he is going to be good enough to make the team but hopefully he is.

6. IMO, he'll be a good fit in a 3-4 defense. A very solid UFA pick up for sure. Should be more announcements coming. I also saw they're signing Josh Cribbs, the marijuana king of Kent State, as a WR project. That's 3 MAC QB's they have on the roster now. Also, they're signing a Kent State LB, Mahl I think his name is.

Haven't seen anything else. I think the Browns had a decent draft and FA period, but with so many holes to fill, they still need help. Especially depth on the O-line and D-line.

7. The thing that I wonder about him on playing the 3-4 is the ability to close down the inside gap. I think he has the speed to play laterally but in a 3-4 set your ends better be able to move guys in the trenches to close down. I don't know whether he has that strength. Hopefully he does, because as I say I like the kid and would like to see him succeed. Who knows? Maybe they will mold him after Mike Vrabel and build him into a linebacker.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  8. In the 3-4 he does not have to cover as much ground and with his huge wingspam and height he'll also be good enough to drop back in coverage too... I think he will do a very good job in the 3-4 its what he is made for... 8 other teams went after him too so that also should tell everyone something...