Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody out there a a word about silver streak trolling spoons.I've been looking at them and some of them look pretty good ...good color selection and the finnish looks to be durable.....good bad or otherwise????? thanks:confused:

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,459 Posts
They are very good, colors are sweet and paint doesn't come off either, and most importantly they catch fish. they make colorado and willows blades that are sweet, Craig at Erie Outfitters has all of this stuff in mass quanties and all the right colors. Rod makers has the spoons colorado's but they will order you the willows.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Silver Streak spoons and harness blades are fantastic. Great color selection / good action and very durable.

Some of my best colors are Ladybug, Pink Panties, Eriedescent, Scarlett Fever, Blueberry Muffin, Mixed Veggies, Salamander.

Spoons in both the Junior and Mini sizes.

Erie Outfitters in Avon/Sheffield, Fisherman's Wharf in Port Clinton, and Dave's Bait in Vermilion all have real good selections of Silver Streaks.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
You can't go wrong with Silver Streak spoons. I always have a couple out while trolling, and they produce fish. The finish is as durable as it gets. I have a lot of scratches on mine, for obvious reasons, but I have yet to have one loose any paint whatsoever.

My hot colors are- red hot dots, ladybug, perch, hot rod, pink panties, and chicken wing.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I Have also had good luck with Silver Streak spoon's.Shrimp has
worked very well for me also perch & an orange colored spoon I
don't know the name of. Unlike stinger the paint stays on! I think
I have bought my last Stinger. Ole petes is also a good spoon.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Those guys are crazy they will not catch any walleye you need to use stingers only!!!!! Just send all of your streaks to me and I will gladly give you scrap prices since that is about all they are worth!!! ;);););)

I have been experimenting with a new spoon that is outfishing others in my spread pretty good. It was pretty sick yesterday to have 8 out of 12 come on 1 spoon. I thought it was a fluke so I switched it from my #3 dipsey to my #2 and still could not keep it wet so I put in on a #1 and shortened the leader in about half and then it still caught fish when I could not get a fish on an inside dipsey all morning!

Scott

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have to agree with everbody, Heads up on the Silver Streaks! They
seem to hold paint ALOT better then the stingers! I also have had very
good luck with the OL PETES this year, 2 colors on fire for me have been
"Haiwaii 5 O", and "Bumble Bee" (chartruse, black dots, red head)! Another
spoon that i just recently tried and had good luck with is "Northern Kings"
in the size 28! Im waiting on a mail order through Northern King as we speak!
Paint holds up great, and the price is right if you order direct from Northern
King"! With shipping spoons were 2.65 a piece! Check them out @ Dicks,
then order "on-line", Dicks wants 4.39 a piece!

Jack

COOLERKING ON 79 (68 CLEV)

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
I am using more Silver Streak and Ole Pete's than anything else. I have had very little finish problems with either of these spoons.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bob, www.northernkinglures.com ...Click on "online store", there will
be a section "overstock spoons", click on this link, then click on the link
"L28 light weight"! I was impressed when i saw @ Dicks, then really impressed
when i checked out the site! Spoons run $2.10, when i figured in shipping I
came up with $2.65 a spoon! Paint holds up well, just stick to the 28 series, I
probably would not go any bigger, same size as the Big Scorpion Stinger
(Length) but wider, and nice paint! Been running "Candy Corn" last 3 weeks
and has showed to be impressive!...Hope this helps

Jack

COOLERKING ON 79 (68 CLEV)

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,950 Posts
I have been experimenting with a new spoon that is outfishing others in my spread pretty good. It was pretty sick yesterday to have 8 out of 12 come on 1 spoon. I thought it was a fluke so I switched it from my #3 dipsey to my #2 and still could not keep it wet so I put in on a #1 and shortened the leader in about half and then it still caught fish when I could not get a fish on an inside dipsey all morning!

Scott

hey buddy...what spoon might that be??:p PM me if you dont want everyone to know:p

·
Registered
652 Posts
Silver streaks are by far better than stingers.. paint stays on!!
been using them for years for salmon on ontario and work well on erie!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts