Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of these reels? My uncle bought one (really!) and I told him it needs to be calibrated and sent him some videos on how to do it. He loaded the reel with 15 lb mono. Well the numbers were way off reading 16 on the line counter at 50’ of line out with a full spool. He said to get it to read 50 at 50’ out he had to reduce the line down to about 150 ft on the reel! Something’s not right! I’m thinking it’s reading yards or worst case meters. It’s a China made knock off but I don’t have the heart to tell him to dump it and buy okuma, Daiwa, etc.! Any suggestions?

·
assassin
331 Posts
Anyone heard of these reels? My uncle bought one (really!) and I told him it needs to be calibrated and sent him some videos on how to do it. He loaded the reel with 15 lb mono. Well the numbers were way off reading 16 on the line counter at 50’ of line out with a full spool. He said to get it to read 50 at 50’ out he had to reduce the line down to about 150 ft on the reel! Something’s not right! I’m thinking it’s reading yards or worst case meters. It’s a China made knock off but I don’t have the heart to tell him to dump it and buy okuma, Daiwa, etc.! Any suggestions?
If he wants to keep it tell him to forget the counter numbers and just count the winder wraps across the reel when letting out like back in the "old" days.My old Penn reels let out approx. 8 ft. each wrap across the reel-I think 11 wraps=88ft

·
Tom B.
3,965 Posts
It is reading in meters.
It will function, just make yourself up a chart every 10' or so; if you wish to use it.
Repeatability of productive leads is the key. Not the pure #.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts