Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I agree that you should pay more for GOOD employees. Problem is that the stupid, worthless ones want (and too often get) the big bucks.
Good employees can still be found & hired, but you (as a boss/hiring agent) can't be desperate, and have to let those other GOOD prospects know that they will be working with & for like minded/prideful folks. It's known as refusing to lower your standards.
God Bless you all.

Mike

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree that you should pay more for GOOD employees. Problem is that the stupid, worthless ones want (and too often get) the big bucks.
Good employees can still be found & hired, but you (as a boss/hiring agent) can't be desperate, and have to let those other GOOD prospects know that they will be working with & for like minded/prideful folks. It's known as refusing to lower your standards.
God Bless you all.

Mike
I agree but you worded it strange.

Good workers get more pay. They dont "lower their standards" either. If you dont have enough money to hire the people who can do the job the way you want then you dont have enough for a company.

·
Registered
993 Posts
We used to joke when I worked commercial construction that if they wanted it done fast and correct, they'd of chosen the highest bidder.
That reminds me of an interview with John Glenn that I heard many years ago. The reporter asked Glenn what was going through his mind as he sat in his Mercury space capsule waiting for his first space mission. Glenn said " The only thing I was thinking as I sat on top of that rocket was I sure as hell hope that this was not built by the low bidder"

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Sad part is their is not a great abundance of "non-stupid" people left in this country. If you want proof take a drive and follow the laws. Stop at stop signs, do the speed limit and use your turn signal like I do and everybody should. See how many times stupid people run stop signs and almost hit you because you stop. See how many times you get cut off because your doing the speed limit and how few people actually use turn signals. Don't even get me started about going into a big box store and asking for help and getting that blank stare.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Sad part is their is not a great abundance of "non-stupid" people left in this country. If you want proof take a drive and follow the laws. Stop at stop signs, do the speed limit and use your turn signal like I do and everybody should. See how many times stupid people run stop signs and almost hit you because you stop. See how many times you get cut off because your doing the speed limit and how few people actually use turn signals. Don't even get me started about going into a big box store and asking for help and getting that blank stare.
And the reason drivers do the things you mention is do to the fact that law enforcement has throttled back on citations. Guess stupid is at all levels in today’s society.
Seems we as a nation have forgotten the morals that once made us strong. Sad times ahead.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts