Sign of the beast??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flyman01, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdawg, T-180, one3 and 5 others like this.
  2. What's this world coming to....

cement569 and Saugeye Tom like this.

3. Saugeye Tom

Saugeye Tom i SAW THE MONEY

4. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

30 years ago I dated a lady artist who made a painting of a crowd, and every person had a UPC bar set tattooed on their forehead. Seemed crazy at the time, but here we are.

Lazy 8, fastwater and Salmonid like this.
  5. We already have a barcode. It's called a social security number. We are a number and are controlled and monitored by that number. A microchip would be redundant.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  6. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

When I was at OSU they tracked you by your SS number. One student editorial said "Remember, at Ohio State, you're not just a number - you're NINE numbers!"

Raeman70, bdawg, Lazy 8 and 1 other person like this.
  7. sherman51

sherman51 florida ice fishing

we just cant get away from progress. i expect the government to make everyone have there dna in a data base in the next few yrs. i think it should be law now for all non Americans in the us. but that's just an opinion and not meant to be political or to start a war on this thread.
    sherman

fastwater likes this.
  8. some day everyone will have to choose, chip or no chip.Its been written a few thousand years ago already.

Rich B, cane pole, Slatebar and 6 others like this.
  9. I've always wondered how many of those DNA-Family Tree-Heritage companies are actually submitting your DNA sample to the world wide DNA database...

...send us your spit and we will tell you that possibly your uncle's uncle was from Eastern Slobovia, so now you need to wear a Kilt instead of Knickers...
    ...and by the way, the CIA now has your sample too...

10. Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching.

Rich B, bdawg, CFIden and 7 others like this.
  11. bruce

bruce

Y do you need seeds?
    You just gut 10 lb.

Lazy 8, sherman51 and Saugeye Tom like this.
  12. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I wouldn't work for that company. Nope, not doing it.

sherman51 likes this.
  13. DAMN.. Back when I was healthy enough to engorge on the beloved Mc2's (5+yrs ago), I would have been a walking warehouse for those chips - loved those thing - 100% nothing real or grown - but tasty and convenient all the same. If by chance those chips don't pass easily - I must be FULL of them...

14. sherman51

sherman51 florida ice fishing

that's why I'm always constipated.
    sherman

Saugeye Tom likes this.
  15. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Same here-I wouldn't do it either for several reasons;
    I'm no cyborg or a pet that can't speak for itself.
    What are you using it for?
    What happens with the collected data?
    And even if I did, who's responsible for the removal upon separation?
    It's just a bad concept and if enough people resist, they'll rethink their logic and investment.

On the social security number point, unless it's for tax purposes, never give that information to anyone.
    We just recently had this conversation. Mine clearly states not for identification purposes?

Ruminator, bdawg and Saugeyefisher like this.
  16. Conform or be cast out....................just sayin'

17. I openly embrace our future robot overlords, chip me away. At least have it capable to link with the latest hummingbird and Minkota, blink 3 times for spot lock. Privacy is a thing of the past unless major legislation were to come, which it obviously never would. From your health insurance, credit agency, or shopping at target it's all been breached, companies buy and sell your info regularly as well, I don't want to roll over and let it happen but what's the alternative?
    I joke with my coworkers all the time that I'm really waiting for some of that CRISPR DNA altering technology to hook me up with some bat wings or gills.

crappiedude and Saugeyefisher like this.
  18. Saugeye Tom

Saugeye Tom i SAW THE MONEY

Chip me captain H

19. My squeeze and I were sitting in the house talking about curtains she wanted to get, talked about her Toyota. Just evening chit chat. Then the next day, here come the pop ups and emails about curtains and car dealerships. So like it or not they are listening and have been for awhile. We both have iPhones and a smart tv in the living room, kitchen, and bedroom. There should be a law passed to outlaw this BS or start paying me some kick back for using my devices for advertisements. It's happened quite often for other items also.

Ruminator and bdawg like this.
  20. I see this all the time and I know darn well I haven't searched for it and not related to cookies or saved browsing history, drives me crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.