close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Siglon F line

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Worm Drowner, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

I recently tried Siglon F fishing line on my noodle rod for steelheading. I had heard that I was very good for float fishing for steelhead as the line itself is water repellent and doesn't sink.

I picked up a 330 yd roll of 8 lb test at Gander Mtn for around $10-$11. The line is a fluorescent yellow, not unlike the old Stren line of years past. The spool design is very handy as it is compact, yet has a place to clip the loose end of the line remaining on the spool. The line seems not too stiff but not too limp either.

I spooled up and headed out to the Chagrin. Given the bright yellow coloring, I opted to use a fluorocarbon leader, something I do out of habit anyways when steelhead fishing. The line casted very smoothly with little coiling and most importantly, it floated as advertised. I was able to mend my drifts much easier than I could with other brands of line. The bright yellow was a real help in line watching and when combined with the leader, did not appear to put the fish off at all.

The line stregth seems to be fine and I have not had any problems with abrasion. All in all, I can recommend Siglon F with confidence to anyone who float fishes.