sighting / teaching youth

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by River Anglin, Dec 22, 2008.

1. I got an Alpine Archery Micro for my young son to learn with. It is adjustable from 21" to 28" draw length. He needs it set at 22" and I'm thinking that I could sight it in for him by setting it at 28" and shooting it myself. I'm having trouble envisioning this in my mind, so maybe somebody can help clear it up.

By moving from 22" to 28", the peep sight will move back further and up slightly. So, if I set the pins for me and then adjust it back to 22", he should be shooting low with that setting, right? But the left-to-right should be close to the same, I would think.

I've never tried to teach an inexperienced person to shoot while, at the same time, helping them sight it in. Any tips in that regard would be appreciated.

2. Don't even bother. His anchor will be entirely different and you won't be able to get it close. Start him out close and it won't take long to get things set and get him on the paper.

3. You caused me to have one of those "Duh" moments :)

It never occurred to me that we can start 3 feet away from the target!

4. Start Him Out At 10yrds And Shoot With Him . I Teach 4h Archery And Thats Were I Start .