Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I am in the process of moving to Sidney in the near future and am hoping folks here can point me in the direction of places to try and hit in the Sidney area. I'm not asking for anyone's honey holes or specific locations, just looking for any general pointers on places to try and hit for largemouth or smallmouth. I killed some time getting some casts in at Tawawa Park, but nothing much was happening. I'm guessing there has to be smallmouth at spots throughout the Great Miami, but again, I'm completely new to the area, so any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Slowhand, you may want to redirect this question in the Southwest Forum. I lived in Sidney, Ohio for close to 6 years. If you don't mind driving around, you can fish Indian Lake, Lake St. Mary, Lake Loramie State Park, and CJ Brown Reservoir/Buck Creek State Park. Tawawa Park is not much for fishing. Go across the street and across the ball fields, the Little Miami River runs along the out skirts of the fields and there is a walking path that goes along the river. There are some good holes in there you can fish and if you have the right equipment you can fish near the walk over bridge and fish underneath or at rip raps right there. Other areas are the Mad River and Great Miami River. There is a ton of fishing opportunities within an hour drive radius. Hope this helps. Definitely checkout the Southwest forum.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
There are smallmouth in the rockier sections of the miami in sidney. Northern pike are caught up around there early spring.Probably between sidney-piqua would be better for the smallmouth.

Tawawa doesn't have much,but it is stocked with rainbow trout once a year,but they're gone a couple days later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts