Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:T PAPAPERCH:F I read one of your threads where you fished for crappies in different ways, well they say you are never too old to learn., can you tell me and everyone else what and how to side pull, this can be another tactic to try when i have trouble getting a bite. I am always willing to try something I have never tried before.
:F Good Fishing:F

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
i'm not papa(well,that one amyway,LOL)but here's a link that explains it pretty well.it's basically similar to slow rolling or drifting,using the trolling motor to control speed and direction.it can be accomplished in different ways.as in the article,some mount the motor on the side.but have motors on the front and back which also works. a good way of searching for and targeting open water crappies.
http://www.bnmpoles.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/feature.display/feature_id/71/index.cfm
there are a few other articles to be found by searching for "side pulling crappies".

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You MISFIT after reading your website , I once saw them do it on a TV show but didn't grasp what they were doing, I could not mount my trolling motor on the side , so i'll have to use the bow and back motors. again Thank You

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
the dual motor trick is great with two people in the boat.but unless you have a remote or powerdrive it would be tricky when fishing alone:D
luckily i recently aquired a powerdrive motor so now i can just kick back in my seat and run both at once when i'm alone:D

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right I couldn't do it alone, so if no one is with me i'm dead.Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts