close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shrimp bait

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by catfish1998, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Do you all put vanilla or an other flavering to your shrimp. I heard the jello work good . I was just wondering. Thanks

2. I put garlic powder on mine...seems to work well for me!

3. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Let sit in the sun for a bit also. Don't know about flavoring personlly. But wickford suggestion of garlic I have heard from some old timers. Also use uncooked shrimp. !!!!! When I first started I some how got the idea that cooked shrimp, like the bagged frozen stuff you get at the store, was what you should use, Yes I am a DUMB A$$. Raw that has been out in the sun for awhile has worked for me but I don't use it much anymore. I have been into live bait lately S

4. I used the garlic powder an the vanilla both worked. The fish must have been off last night. All they would do is play with it.Had a good hit on livers an that was it.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i use vanilla sometimes,but freezing and thawing a couple times will ripen it some,and make it even better.i use 30-40 count(raw,as mentioned).cheapest i can find,cause the wife hates paying for good seafood just to feed fish with;)

6. Frozen uncooked tiger or white shrimp is what i use. Cut em up into 2-3 pieces and put them in a plstic container with a lid. I usually go to Krogers to get the shrimp. Lately they have had the white shrimp on sale in 1lb bag. Just ask the seafood clertk for a couple of the plastic containers with lids. As for me plain shrimp no fillers or oils.

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

ive played around with flavoring shrimp a few times..............tried anise oil and catfish formula spray on them and i didnt do all that great, seems to me that FRESH 60-80 shrimp from the walmart seafood dept works the best !!!

i know garlic salt works great on livers so it should be OK on shrimp too !!!

8. Catfish Ninja

Catfish Ninja Man of few words.LETSFISH

At the local Bait shop they sell raw shrimp and ive tried it twice and i havent had any kind of luck with it actually what i have had a lot of luck with though is cheese. Just velveta cheese that comes in the blocks and a treble hook and some tea bags. I just put the cheese in the tea bad hook the top of it closed and cast it out it seems to work really well.

9. I like to buy some small shrimp from a baitshop, put a small chunk on my hook, then a nightcrawler, then another chunk of shrimp. It makes a really attractive spiral in the water.

I like to use any kind of garlic scent, but I don't do it that much because it STINKS so bad. I break my shrimp into small chunks, put em in a ziplock, and pour a little but of garlic powder in the bag. It really helps the channel bite.

YOu can do the same for corn for carp.