Ohio Game Fishing banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Anybody know what these are? Just cleaning up the garage..

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
It is hard to tell from picture but the first one looks like it is stamped “Tony Accetta”. A little online search and should be able to find more information on this. The other is most likely a Shannon or a Pflueger twin spinner, does it have any identifyer stamped on the spinner blades?

·
Registered
556 Posts
What an awesome thread. Like my baseball cards from the 50s and 60s, I spent every available penny on lures in the 60s and into the early 70s. Those deceivers had so much more personality back then. Sold in hard plastic boxes and in cardboard and hard plastic packages that were so colorful and descriptive. The packaging caught the eye and the reputation kept one coming back for more. Now so much of this junk in made far away and has become so generic.

Sadly I gave away most of my older lures (dating back into the 50s) just as I gave away or tossed most of my old baseball cards. Had I only known then what I know now. :/

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Fly Fishing tackle by REDIFOR, is often times very elusive. Pre 1910 REDIFOR items are almost impossible to find. The 1905 REDIFOR Catalog listed a myriad of rods; Surf rods, Casting rods, Frog rods, Tournament rods, Bait rods, Combination rods, and yes, Fly rods. The fly rod pictured is an 8 strip rod made for REDIFOR by CHUBB. Conversely, there was only one reel listed , the REDIFOR reel.

There are two variations of the REDIFOR Model X Fly Reel pictured, a Model B and a Model C are also pictured, both are combination Fly/Casting Reels. There are two REDIFOR Bass Flies also pictured.

I am always looking for any REDIFOR items, from this early Warren, Ohio, company, for my collection. John
View attachment 458976 View attachment 458976

241 - 247 of 247 Posts