Ohio Game Fishing banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
20200507_161242.jpg

Took a very short video of the baits on my wall but it was just to big to load. Here is a picture of a tackle box with baits , I loved the Lucky Frogs in the photo I must have collected 20 of them, bought them and sold them, not now though. They were up to around 200 bucks each at one time. I used to be a member of the NFLCC ( National Fishing Lure Collectors Club ) and did go to one convention, it was in Columbus, OH. There are some high dollar baits out there.

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
View attachment 356187
Took a very short video of the baits on my wall but it was just to big to load. Here is a picture of a tackle box with baits , I loved the Lucky Frogs in the photo I must have collected 20 of them, bought them and sold them, not now though. They were up to around 200 bucks each at one time. I used to be a member of the NFLCC ( National Fishing Lure Collectors Club ) and did go to one convention, it was in Columbus, OH. There are some high dollar baits out there.
Post the video to youtube then copy the link to this thread....

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Yes Creek Chub - crawdads top row, color collected them.
2nd row Mice- Paw Paw, Heddon and Shakespeare
3rd row For the most part Creek Chub Injured Minnow, this is the bait that caught the world record Largemouth bass, I think in the 1930's, I believe the record still stands, Look at that tin on the bottom, held silk leaders for fly fishing, old, old, very fine. I have probably 100 baits hanging in another room I may try to take a photo of them for you that may be interested. Go purchase a Luckey's guide to old fishing tackle, where go, to a book store and order it if needed, lot of hours reading, good read, just looking at pictures will be a help to all. Garage sale season is upon us. Know your ****. Yes that plastic stuff should be fished not a collectable at all, WTF.
i have an older copy of the luckeys book. Would love to see pictures of some of you other old lures.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Pic is of a very historical Heddon piece, I found in Hubbard, Ohio. It is a 1927 Heddon Saleman's Sample Case, that the Heddon Rep would take to tackle shops , to show the latest offerings. They are very rare and desirable. A handful are known, I moved this right before I retired.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Wow ! Now that truly is a unique piece of collectible tackle. The 2 dozen new, unfished baits are quite a find & the case only adds to the quality of this piece. My grandpa had a penchant for Heddon lures & I always like looking at the old full color brochures that were included with some of the baits. Mike

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
A couple old school lures - Hubs Chub, Barney Spoon from Kent Ohio and a Capt. Jim Strader Diamond Rattler.

IMG_7451.JPG
IMG_7453.JPG
IMG_7452.JPG

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Just a few I had out recently, also have a nice bunch of Flatfish in Orig.box all sizes. Love to go through them during winter just to scratch that itch!!
Tim, who made the spinners?

Reactions: 0utwest

·
Angler/ Sportsman
183 Posts
Tim, who made the spinners?
Morning, Yeah my grandfather left me them, passed back in '85. But have like 8 or so; some are Pflueger and I think Skinner? I have to take a look later but they are like new. I think from either late 50's or 60's got really solid brass loop ends. And I think either chicken or Pheasant feathers. Treasures from the past!! Have a great day!

·
Registered
310 Posts
A couple old school lures - Hubs Chub, Barney Spoon from Kent Ohio and a Capt. Jim Strader Diamond Rattler.

View attachment 365599 View attachment 365601 View attachment 365603
Those Hubs Chubs are really something special. I was in a Federation regional tournament back in the day that was won on that lure. I have just one. If you have the right rod, line and technique, that bait will really throw a lot of water without coming in too fast. I need to break the one I have back out now...

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
IMG_7459.JPG
IMG_7460.JPG
Picked up a nice Shimano Bantam 100 really cheap. It has a couple wear spots but I think I can swap out from another Bantam and this will look like new.

·
Musky Finger
1,514 Posts
I've got an old Penn 16/0 on a harnell restored rod. Same combo earnest hemmingway fished with and the combo from the original movie jaws. Never shark fished with that one as I just use it as a collectors item.

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
I've got an old Penn 16/0 on a harnell restored rod. Same combo earnest hemmingway fished with and the combo from the original movie jaws. Never shark fished with that one as I just use it as a collectors item.
Let's see a photo !

Reactions: 0utwest
221 - 240 of 247 Posts