Ohio Game Fishing banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
has anyone ever heard of a multiple joint lure called a "beeno
Jointed minnows and the multi jointed Beno eel were originally made in Cleveland and then by Luhr- Jenson.
I have several packed away in a box with some lazy-ikes and some flatfish, all were fish catching machines.
Good luck and good fishing !

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Reactions: Slatebar

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Cool stuff & nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I have several of the old L&S Mirro Lures that are minnow sized. Tried fishing with them a couple of years ago & was very disappointed with the lack of action. Kinda like pulling a wet stick through the water (even w/ 4lb line). Made me feel like I didn't know anything about tuning lures. I'll have to give it another try. I like the nostalgia of fishing with some of my Grandpa's old lures. Mike

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
This winter in Florida, garage sales and flea markets were almost non existent. I did manage to find this table top display case marked WATERMAN NY, 173 BROADWAY. After researching it, it was made between 1902 and 1917 and was used to sell WATERMAN fountain pens. It was a natural for my Carter Era Heddon reels made between 1917 and 1919. John

·
Registered
16,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
This winter in Florida, garage sales and flea markets were almost non existent. I did manage to find this table top display case marked WATERMAN NY, 173 BROADWAY. After researching it, it was made between 1902 and 1917 and was used to sell WATERMAN fountain pens. It was a natural for my Carter Era Heddon reels made between 1917 and 1919. John
That's gorgeous John. Great find!

Reactions: Slatebar

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Weekender#1, Nice to see a collection of older lures. I know people can collect whatever they want, and collecting teaches discipline, responsibility, etc...But the plethora of modern plastic baits as collectibles, really is pushing it. Most of us over 50 , have tackle boxes full of that kind of stuff. If you really want to collect and just not accumulate, study the history of early tackle and go from there. If you just want to accumulate post 1960 lures, fine, that is a good thing, but there is a much wider and brighter window out there, if you look into early tackle.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Yes Creek Chub - crawdads top row, color collected them.
2nd row Mice- Paw Paw, Heddon and Shakespeare
3rd row For the most part Creek Chub Injured Minnow, this is the bait that caught the world record Largemouth bass, I think in the 1930's, I believe the record still stands, Look at that tin on the bottom, held silk leaders for fly fishing, old, old, very fine. I have probably 100 baits hanging in another room I may try to take a photo of them for you that may be interested. Go purchase a Luckey's guide to old fishing tackle, where go, to a book store and order it if needed, lot of hours reading, good read, just looking at pictures will be a help to all. Garage sale season is upon us. Know your ****. Yes that plastic stuff should be fished not a collectable at all, WTF.

201 - 220 of 247 Posts